Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hold Them, Take Care of Yourself

Just took a moment to read a few words from one of my favorite blogs. This other mama blogger was sharing her advice for her baby sister who just became a mother to twin girls. She said the most important advice was this- hold them, and take care of yourself. I think that is brilliant advice, advice I will share and remember myself. Let the house be dirty, let the dinner be overcooked, let my sleep be interrupted and my bed shared by many, let me always be running a few minutes late- I will hold them every chance I get. And somewhere in between it all, I'll even take care of myself some too. I've been running in the evenings after I put Lil to bed with some other mama-friends and really enjoying this time for just for me. I'm trying not to feel guilty about it either, and it is doing me some good and even giving Emmy & Daddy some special time. Hopefully, my family will benefit from this indirectly as well. Some familial, trickle-down economics perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment