Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Did You Said?

As I have said before, Ms. Emmy is a talker, which surprises me a little since the first year of her life she was nearly entirely silent. As a baby, she really never babbled. This worried me very much, and made me wonder if she would ever talk. Em had constant ear infections from age 6mos to 18mos, and this likely affected her ability to hear and form sounds. Two sets of tubes and an one adenoid removal later, the child finally got some relief. A few months after that, Em began talking non-stop and she really hasn't stopped since. She speaks very well for her age (of course I am extremely biased), but there are some things she consistently says "wrong" that are actually adorable. I just wanted to record some of these things here because they are already starting to fade and are being replaced by proper words, phrasing and pronunciations. G noticed one such change this week and he and I both were sad to see this little saying go. So here are a few Emmy-isms for the record:


  • "What did you said?"- in place of "What did you say?"

  • "What smells like that?"- in place of "What is that smell?"; E actually said this one correctly this week, which made G and I a little misty with nostalgia

  • "Lellow"- instead of yellow

  • "Mudder"- instead of Mother

  • "Olib"- instead of olive

No comments:

Post a Comment