Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby New Year


Happy 2012! Here is our little baby new year, wasn't she cute? So far, our year is off to a great albeit busy start. G is working long hours for the man in Frankfort, but seems to be enjoying himself and still making room for quality time for his girls. Em is back at school working hard on things like learning to spell the word "mop" (not sure why they start with that word but I'm all for promoting the joy of chores), washing baby dolls and she is still painting every day, all day like it is her job. I'm not sure what do with all of these paintings, so we recycle them into other things as much as possible. I am back to work, which has been an easy transition thanks to having the same job for 12 years and working with a team of people I truly enjoy. But most notably, Ms. Lil has begun daycare, and she is doing great! Charming the pants off of everyone she sees and sleeping, eating and pooping better than any baby on the block (other than smiling and cooing, that really is all they do at this age!). She also exceeded my expectations by achieving her first daycare related illness in record time (in just 4 short days, good people!). Lily Q, my little overachiever. So that is what we are up to, at least in part. I've started running again, which has been great even though my right knee is protesting and clearly had gotten used to the last year of sluggishness. We've spent a bit of time outdoors as a family thanks to some glorious weather, had some lovely visits with family and friends lately and even a little bit of down time at the hacienda just hanging in our sweats. I am really, really please with this year so far. The only exception being that I cannot find the time to take down our Christmas tree! I am slightly embarrassed by this, though I also don't give a crap. I mean obviously, or I would have taken it down already! I just have better things to do. Seriously. We have been busy and even when we don't have plans or work or something I have these 2 amazing little people that I just can't get enough of. Their dad is pretty alright, too! The Woo Crew definitely keeps me entertained, and life is moving so fast that I'm trying very hard to only invest energy in the things that matter most. Yesterday morning, Emmy was explaining to Lil how she was a big girl now and she was almost 3 years old. She is so excited to be turning 3, but man that really breaks my heart! Where has my baby gone? Em went on to explain that Lil could tell that she was her big sister because she is "this tall," has very "long knees" and a "long head." It was hillarious! She is a riot, but she tells the truth. Her head and knees are getting long, and they are growing so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment