Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lil's Working Model

If you were reading this in the past, then you may remember that I wrote about an interview that I do with all of my clients called The Working Model of the Child Interview. This is a chance for them to talk about the child and their shared relationship. I wrote up my thoughts about Emmy, and now I want to document my "working model" of my relationship with Lil, age 4 mos. Forgive me, this is quite self-indulgent but I wanted to document this for my family:) It's the kind of stuff that I'll read to 13 year old, Lily and it will make her want to throw up and pretend she doesn't know me around her friends!

Personality:
--sweet: Lil smiles and coos constantly, when you pick her up she latches on like a little koala bear
--laid back: It amazes me to say this, but it is so striking given that Lil resides in a house filled with 3 Type A personalities! She is very calm, pleasant, rarely cries (unless her Zantac has worn off), is patient.
--happy: She seems happy and content no matter the situation. Home, daycare, etc.
--curious: Lil is a watcher. She is taking it all in. She loves people and noise and she studies your mouth when you are talking like she is trying to figure out how to say those same words.
--loud: This is no surprise. Lil babbles constantly and is so loud sometimes I think she is going to wake up her sister down the hall! She's a talker, as all the Whitt-Woosleys are.

Relationship:
--surprising: I am so pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to fall in love with baby #2. Everyone who knows me knows that Emmy has been my world for the past few years, but somehow there is equal room in my heart for my Lily.
--sweet: Our time together is just sweet, sweet, sweet. Lots of mirroring and babbling together, and little books and patty cake.
--shared: My newly forming relationship with this child is different in that we have less 1-1 time together, which I thought would be hard. However, we have these great special moments with Emmy and I reading books to her and Emmy and I playing patty cake with her, and I realize that what Lil loses in 1-1 time with Mommy, she gains so much more from having this whole extra person to adore her.
--cherished: I adore this kid and realize how special our relationship is, and it sure seems like the feeling is mutual. Since I am the keeper of the milk, Mama is still #1! (I'm just enjoying it while I can, I'm sure she will go through her Daddy's girl phase soon enough.)
--easy: We just have an easy relationship. Infants are blessedly less complex than their bigger counterparts and I'm kind of relishing in that right now. I think it is an easy relationship for her, too at this stage. Right now it's just all about the love, meeting her basic needs and providing a stimulating environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment