Friday, January 22, 2010

Unrelated

Unless you believe that everything is related (and it probably all is), this blog entry has little to do with parenting or babies. It's just a blah, wintry afternoon and I wanted to list some things that make me happy. They are not in any sort of order. They are random. Unless, of course, you believe that nothing really is random (and it probably isn't).

1. Emmy when she wakes up laughing and/or smiling.
2. Emmy in her bathrobe- don't know why but a baby in bathrobe cracks me up.
3. Emmy walking- it's a zombie-like gait for now, but oh-so cool.

10 Non-Emmy 'Things'
1. Bird Nest by Charlie Parker
2. Mobiles
3. Bob Dylan & Woody Guthrie
4. God, though He/She probably doesn't recognize me anymore- I've been making too little time for spiritual reflection. Yet another parenting adjustment to make...
5. Trees
6. Mountains with their tops intact
7. Post-it notes & the fact that UK supplies me with all I need (xo, UK! One of your finest features:)
8. yogurt- Emmy loves it, too. Inexplicably, G hates it.
9. Old pictures
10. My dining room table. A little shabby now, but it was my grandmothers. I often think of my whole family crowded around it back in the day.

1 comment:

  1. Blue sky breaking thru a cloudy day takes my breath away. Thanks for the reminder of good things.

    ReplyDelete