Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Update 2009

I was thinking a little holiday update was in order and I received some encouragement from a fellow blog-sister, so here it goes! I feel like so much has happened since I last wrote that I hardly know where to begin. It has been since last year, you know! I am 33 years old and I still love making lame, completely humorless new year's jokes. Sad. Anyway, we had a great holiday! It was so nice for G and I both to have two weeks off to spend with Emmy. We had a lot of different functions in the evenings, but we spent nearly all day every day just hanging out with each other. She is so close to walking and actually talking that this time was invaluable. We could practically see her developing into a toddler over the break she was changing so fast. Spending time with her and being in church with my beautiful little family on Christmas eve were the best parts of this holiday for me, but there were many other highlights. I will try to recount them in list form. Happy 2010 everybody! xoxo- A



Top 10 Things About Christmas Break 2009 (the highlight reel, sports fans)

10. All three of us staying in pj's nearly all day long

9. Watching UK beat UofL- we're back baby!

8. Enjoying "wine-thirty" a few times thanks to my brother-in-law who brought us a case of "two buck chuck" from the Trader Joes in St. Louis

7. Watching Emmy chew all of her new toys and clothes and realizing we could've just given her sticks

6. Enjoying excessive use of red and green hairbows on my child in spite of her having limited hair (hey, she was in costume as a present!)

5. Bowling with the fam- I got a strike!!

4. Spending nearly all day in our jammies... did I mention that I enjoyed this?

3. Playing elfen helpers to Santa Clause for the first time

2. Watching Emmy's face light up when she got her new baby doll from Granny and Papa

1. Being thankful to have the chance to see most (though not all) of the people I love most around the holidays, and for us all having pretty good health and situations for the upcoming new year. God bless us, every one!

Honorable mention: Eating 2 lbs of the awesome beer cheese that my father-in-law made and all of the breads, cookies and candies given to us by our dear, sweet friends. You all made me fatter, but I love ya for it! Peace out and enjoy 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment