Monday, January 11, 2010

Dylan

Most of you who know us know that G and I both have a slight obsession with Bob Dylan. Because of this I have always loved the name Dylan, and I had hoped to someday use this name for one of our offspring. In the meantime, the name Dylan exploded in popularity. I guess we have Beverly Hills 90210 to thank for this (and as a closet 90210 fan, I figure it's a small price to pay). In my career as a social worker, I have known literally hundreds of kids named Dylan, Dillon, etc. Alas, we did not use this name, but geeze I still love Bobby D! Maybe we'll name a fish or a cat after him someday. I was listening to a random Dylan mix this morning on my way to work when I heard him croon in that endearingly, nasal and croaky voice of his, "She has a face that shines like the sun in the sky." Of course, I thought of my girl. We haven't had too much sun lately, but I've hardly noticed. That is is a big statement coming from me because I am usually sun-starved by this point in the season (yes, I know it is still early winter!), but lately I have been having too much fun to care that we are stuck inside and it is nearly always dark and freezing cold. Em is clearly feeling better (thank you, Dr. Van Metre!), and we have had a great deal of fun so far this cold and blustery winter. I want to take her out in her new snow suit, but it hasn't really been warm enough yet. Hopefully we will have a balmy, 20 degree day soon and we can get out and play in the snow for just a minute at least. Maybe we'll even build a snow girl! And name her Dylan...

No comments:

Post a Comment