Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Official

I am officially a mom. This occurred to me last night as I found myself at Krogers at 9:30pm, doing a full grocery shop (not just popping in to get ice cream or beer) and violating every possible rule of fashion. I had on navy leggings, an aqua tunic, a brown hoodie, and black shoes. I'm pretty sure I had a spit up stain somewhere on me, and my hair was in my standard pony-tail. All of this, and I couldn't have cared less who saw me! This must be true because I run into someone I know every time I go to the store (frequently my brother, not that he would care or notice how I look!). I love that about Lexington, but it does mean you can't just run out in your jammies. Or you need to learn to not care how you look as I clearly have. I am hoping to eventually become one of those gloriously fashionable and put-together moms, but I'm not there yet. I have many friends who fit this description, so I guess I need to get some tips on how to look less scary in my day-to-day life. In the meantime, I hope my niece, Katie, keeps nominating me for "What Not to Wear." I could definitely use the makeover and $5,000 wardrobe boost, though I'm afraid I would still go out in the outfit described above!

1 comment:

  1. Remember this: moms that look like they stepped out of a magazine...their husbands are probably the publishers. (meaning...their babies spit-up goes on the nanny while they are getting dressed.) :o)

    The best thing about looking like you don't care is being focused on what you really care about...your happy, little family!

    I love running into people at the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete