Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Daycares are Just Covers for Little Baby Sweatshops

Did you know this? It must be true. I imagine that Emmy is making hundreds of pairs of tiny little Nikes each day, and she is exhausted from the sweat and the hand cramps and being hunched over her tiny little sewing machine. All of the machinery and sweat and mean bosses with switches are whisked away just in time before the mommies and daddies show up at the end of the day. Perhaps Kathy Lee is even there.

This must be so because my daughter is exhausted, ex-haus-ted! She has slept so much the past two evenings and just seems worn out. G says it is because she is not being "coddled" and held all the time, and she is simply exhausted by her new found freedom. Since when is he Mr. Optimistic? Well, I guess we are both adjusting. The daycare gals tell me that she is all smiles and seems to enjoy herself during the day. I suppose I will believe them!

No comments:

Post a Comment