Monday, June 18, 2012

Girls Trip

Just got back from a girls' trip with my two little girls!  Thanks goodness I had family there to help me (shout out to Aunt Polly- holla!), but it was me and my girls, no Daddy.  It was also a series of "firsts" for Ms. Lily.  First plane trip, road trip, time at the beach, night spent in a hotel, etc.  She was awesome and her little face wore a look of shock, surprise and happiness the whole time.  It was so precious.  And the only thing more precious than one darling baby on the beach is two, I tell you!  I nearly exploded from all of the cuteness.  Lily's new bathing suit alone would produce a week's worth of happiness for me, but it was just nonstop cute.  Emmy and I holding hands searching for sea shells, our plans to make pixie dust from the beach sand, snuggling in bed with the two of them with no pressing schedule of places to go, the smell of sunscreen and beach air on their little skins, Emmy's comment that the plane did a "loopdiloo" and a "power dive" when it hit turbulence, putting them in matching outfits and taking their pictures on the beach at sunset, swimming in the pool with them twice a day and seeing how much better Emmy was swimming by the end of the week, and on and on and on and on.  I would spend another 10 hours in crammed in the backseat between two car seats for the endless supply of precious memories we just created.  And while it was a lot of work (as 2 kids 3 and under are always a lot of work), it was so relaxing and fun.  I feel badly that G missed all of this, but he is surely loving his time on a kayaking expedition with the boys (he will be back at the end of the week).  I loved our trip, though, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment