Monday, April 23, 2012

First Words, Round 2

Lil has started babbling, I mean really babbling in the past few weeks.  This weekend she was consistently saying word-like sounds, rather than her usual scream/screech thing which can be rather alarming.  So what do you think her first, babbling little word was? Uh, huh.  You guessed it. Da-da!  All weekend long it was "Dadadadadadadad... dad dad... dad dad!  Dad dad!"  She would really catch her stride when she would see the delight on all three of our faces, and she would just say it louder and and over and over again.  It is so neat to hear what her little voice sounds like when she tries to say words.  Much deeper and more forceful than Emmy's.  Kind of a big voice for little Lil!  I have to say that all of my coaching for her to say Mama first has failed and I'm a bit saddened by this.  I know this is sick, but I really wanted her to love me best!  Emmy has always been a Daddy's girl and Lil was kind of my last hope, you know.  This may be a sign of her shifting affections, but hopefully it was just easier to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment