Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 Kinds of Moms

I just saw this great post on a real parenting blog about how there are 2 kinds of moms- not stay at home vs. working or any other such arbitrary distinction, but the Good and the Not-so-good. Duke Ellington appparently made a similar statement about there only being 2 different kinds of music- the good kind and the rest of it. I hope to be in the "good" category, and be the kind of mom who makes the most out of whatever I'm doing and makes things the best I can for my family. I loved this quote though because it made me think how little difference there really is amongst all of us different mothers- we're all just trying to do our best by our kiddos no matter what our circumstances and that is a tall order sometimes whether you are working or not. I realized early on in my journey through motherhood how great it is to have a variety of mommy friends- some stay-at-home, some working and some in between- and how each of these friends fullfills some different need or perspective taking experience in my life. And in the end, we have so much in common no matter how different our journeys may appear on the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment