Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Swing sets and sleep

2 things are making this mama very happy this week- swing sets and lovely little babies who sleep through the night! I almost hate to write about it lest I jinx her/us, but Lil Lil has slept through the night 4 nights in a row, which hasn't happened in a long time or really ever. When she was younger and still sleeping in our room, she would sort of sleep through the night but I would have to wake and give her a paci or settle her a few times briefly during the course of an eve. Then, she started waking up once or twice for an hour or more to eat and hang out, which has been going on for a few months, and has been killing me! Now, however, she is legitimately sleeping through the night in her own room. Sweet Lord, may it last! I pray we have turned a corner. Perhaps now that she is eating baby food I am finally able to get her tummy full enough to last through until morning. Hallelujah! Nearly as big of a deal is the rather large wooden swing set being installed in our backyard today in preparation for Ms. E's 3rd birthday. Love her heart, "all" she wanted for her birthday was a swingset and a Tangled princess dress. She got both. She is spoiled. Last night, she was even exhibiting the spolied tantrum-like behavior to prove it. I swear to you, I cannot help myself when it comes to this child! I really have to stop from wanting to give in to her every whim. I know it isn't good for anyone, but she has me under a spell! I actually must thank (blame?) the grandparents for indulging the swing set fantasy. My folks are pretty awesome like that. They and my extended family (grandparents, Aunt B and Uncle C) pretty much gave in to my every whim as a child, which was pretty awesome. And so it continues... Have I mentioned how excited I am for E's birthday? Ah... my 3 year old girl. So big, so little, such a love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment